Saturday, 10 September 2011

Home Cook Food Post 1 - Meat Patties with Potato Slices Recipe

Meat Patties with Potato Slices Recipe

Ingredients:
a) 250grams minced meat (I typically use pork, can substitute with chicken as well. The meat cannot be too oily)
b) 2 Tablespoon Scallop sauce (Available from supermarket - I will share next time what brand I usually use)
c) 1 Tablespoon sugar
d) 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
e) Dash of pepper
f) 1 Tablespoon of light soya sauce
g) 1 egg
h) 2 Potatoes (Peeled and sliced)
i) 1 onion (Skin removed and sliced)*
j) 1 bowl of water
k) Cornflour Mixture (1 Tbsp cornflour mix with 75ml of water)

Directions:
1) In a bowl, mix 1 Tablespoon of scallop sauce, sugar, sesame oil, pepper, light soya sauce, egg, and minced meat. Marinate meat for a minimum of 2 hours in refrigerator.
2) Divide the marinated meat into smaller portions and shape it into the desired size meat patty.
3) Heat a little cooking oil in wok/pan and pan fry meat patty till it turns brownish. Remove meat patty for later use.
4) Using the same wok, stir-fry garlic until brown using small fire.
5) Add meat, potato, 1 Tablespoon of scallop sauce and water. Stir to mix.
6) When the potato turn soft, add onion and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
7)  Add cornflour mixture and stir until sauce is thick. Serve.

* I chopped the onions into 4 big chunks in my dish because I don't like to eat onions.

This recipe is provided by my mother-in-law. I hope you and your family will enjoy the dish.

Food ratings (10 being the best):
My husband's rating -9/10
My rating - 8/10

I think that the food taste nice and the sauce goes really well with white rice. I did not give full marks because there are onions. =p

Cooking complexity (10 being hardest to cook):
My rating - 7/10 

I find it troublesome to pan-fry the meat patty separately. Cutting the onions are also tough as my eyes will get irritated and start tearing. The toughest part during the cooking process is ensuring the meat patty is cooked!



No comments:

Post a Comment